Friday, July 1, 2011

An Intuition on the Nature of Reality

I would also like to share some wisdom of mine which may be hard to swallow at first, but which I think is a truth. What I´m describing is a metaphysical/spiritual understanding that I think is The Great Understanding which is described in many different ways by the greatest prophets of all of the religions. It is the One Religion, if you will. But don´t get too scared, because you will see that in reality it should not be called a religion at all, but rather that all religions were preversions of this single experienced understanding. I have come to these conclusions starting from the point of an intense personal experience in which my perception of reality was dramatically shifted and I lost my ego and became one with the universe, and thus my life and self-identity were forever changed. Through this experience I understood intuitively several ideas which have also been commonly described by other mystics of all desciplines, and which I have tried to outline briefly below according to my personal understanding of them.

The First Understanding. You are not in the universe, but you are of the universe. Every atom of your being was once a part of another animal, another plant, the soil, the water, the rocks, and the stars. You are a temporary eddy in the constant swirl of moving matter and energy, but no less a beautiful product of it.

The Second Understanding. The Universe is organic. This means that it follows a psuedo-cyclical pattern of destruction and construction, which are forever interdependent, and that there is constant movement between these two brothers, like leaves decomposing and turning into grass. It grows on itself. In this sense it is very much alive. (This does not mean that it has human emotion or motive.)

The Third Understanding. Separateness is only superficially true. Some metaphors will help here.
All of the points on the edge of the snowflake do not realize that they are the snowflake.
The branches are only branches because they are also the tree.
You are a single drop of water inside the ocean.
In one sense you are a drop of water, but in another sense, you are also the ocean. Both senses are not only true, but depend on each other´s truth for their own.

The Fourth Understanding. Knowing Not-knowing. The universe exists because it is a paradox. Everything exists because nothing exists. In the beginning was the void; an inner peace; mu; God. It is the ultimate because it includes everything exactly by being nothing. By being nothing it is infinite and creates everything, which in turn creates nothingness. Not only does god not exist. He non-exists. Which is way way better. I think this last part is the part that needs to be vicerally experienced as true to fully get it, since for the most part our language has trouble describing co-dependent opposites. The concept is basically that the center and ultimate of reality is a void of nothingnes, but a void that is nonetheless positively charged with everythingness.

Thoughts.
The first thing I want to note is that when I say universe, I mean something much deeper than planets, stars and galaxies. But to also include concepts of dimension, sources of forces, and perception, and generally, Reality with a capital R. For I am not just expressing a physical theory, but a metaphysical belief. The physical universe that we can percieve with our normal senses is like an outer coating on many other layers of reality underneath.

In terms of science, I think we are starting to touch on some very exciting ground in the theoretical sciences of quantum physics, chaos theory, and fractals. I believe that reality has something of a fractal and recursive nature that is intimately intertwined with the ideas of sync and chaos. Concepts of the observer in quantum physics opens us up to lots of possibilities when trying to understand the nature of reality. Pay attention to these areas to see greater definition and understanding.

As mention above, I think that this is the ultimate understanding of all religion. I believe it was this idea that was shared by Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, and many other mythological and prophetic figures throughout history. The understanding is that at a deeper level than our separateness we are actually not separate. I think that one of the most confusing but best images of this in western culture is the Christian Trinity. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one and the same person. This trinity actually makes sense if thought about in these terms. The Holy Spirit is "god" traveling from separateness to unity. "God" is the Holy Spirit traveling from unity to separatness. Think of it this way. We all have a soul. But we don´t have a different soul. We all have the same soul. This is what the Holy Spirit is. The Holy Spirit is the recognition that we are each the points of a snowflake, but that if we expand our concept of identity to the whole snowflake, then there is no longer a difference between you and me. The snowflake is the holy spirit because it is our identity expanded to the greatest extent. However, by expanding our identity larger and larger, we also include more of everything and thus because the Alpha and Omega and this is God. So, we are our superficial separate selves at a certain level of reality; at another level of reality, we all share in the same source of existence and have grown out of it, are a part of it; and at another level we can identify ourselves with a great Reality of which we are a part but which includes equally the whole of existence.

I know I use the language of western Christianity, which you are hostile to. But I don´t want that to put you off. I use this language to show that there are kernels of mystic wisdom in this religion as there is in all of them. I could as easily use the language of Vedic texts. I mean only that this is a truth that is beyond the religions we see today, but that they too struggle with the same truth.

I believe--and this may take much discussion to explain--that it is part of the purpose and destiny of humans to have and use consciousness, and to seek the mystical experience. I encourage you to join me in doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home